Friday, March 18, 2005

Feeling Sideways...

Busy Busy Busy is the only way to describe this past week. TGIF for sure! Not only have I been super busy at work, but I have been out every night this week as well. Fun times, but so fun that they've left me with about as much energy as a wet rag for the weekend.
Funny that I leave for Thailand tomorrow. I haven't packed yet or anything! I don't think it's quite sunk in yet that I'm leaving in 24 hours. I did, however, start my room makeover to make space for Bex' 2-month bonanza in Tokyo. I rearranged my furniture, and even cleared out space in my drawers and closet. Now THAT is a good friend!

The activities of the week included dinner on Tuesday night with Px and Matto at our fave izakaya in Shibuya, ironically right down the street from where I used to live. Wednesday night S and I went to dinner and a movie, hence the reference to feeling Sideways, a thought-provoking film about the human spirit and experience. Set entirely from the male point of view, it was interesting to see how two very different middle-aged men come to terms with the paths of their lives-- how people grow (closer or farther apart), how people fool themselves about their lives (to avoid disappointment?), and how all of this relates to the very substance that changes the color of my face to a too-conspicuous rouge. Wine.

St. Patty's Day followed, and of course I was not missing the night to celebrate my Irish heritage. I had set up dinner and drinks at my old stomping ground Hobgoblin with some co-workers and a reporter from the Wall Street Journal. I love when the company pays to make my celebrations that much better! And I saw my favorite Irish bartender (we go waaaay back), who gave S and me some Bailey's to cap the night off.

My busy week has finally come to an end, and my eyes are struggling to stay open. The clock reads 15:43, always my sleepiest time of day.

Bon voyage to me, and be ready for some good pics with my new digi cam upon my return from the shopping mecca and glorious beaches of Southeast Asia.

No comments: