Monday, March 14, 2005

Party like a rockstar?...

That I did. Thanks for the birthday shout out elizabethbutler-chan. It was probably the best birthday weekend I've had in a long time. In fact I don't think I'd change anything about it. Thanks so much to Px, Tokyomx, S and everyone else who helped me celebrate. I didn't know so much fabulousness could be stuffed into one weekend!
Friday night, the 11th: I was birthday wined and dined. S, boyfriend turned fashion consultant, advised me to gather up my sexiest dress and shoes for a dinner out. I had no clue where we were going until we got into the taxi and I heard our destination.
"Shinjuku Park Hyatt"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


New York Grill:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's actually the restaurant that shares its bar with the infamous hotel bar that Bill Murray and Scarlett Johannson frequent in Lost in Translation. It's heaven-- quite literally-- I found myself looking out the window into the haze of the clouds. The view from the 52nd floor was stunning. The meal began with a cosmo and ended with finally, FINALLY my beloved slab of hot meat in the form of a mouthwatering filet mignon!! If they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, it was obviously before they met me. S and I closed the restaurant and a really perfect night.

Saturday, March 12th: A continuation of the festivites, but more the drunken silly ones than the romantic. P and I brought it local for this one-- a 15 person birthday dinner/party at our local eatery Connections. As I put in my evite, a great mix of Asian and Italian, just like me! P and Mx were incredible and ordered all the champagne and wine we could drink-- and boy did we ever drink. Highlights of the night included amazing company, the most touching toast ever from my sweetie Matt, and though it totally wasn't even deserved, 2 fabulous gifts-- a digi cam from P, Mx&Jo-Jo, Matt, K&M

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Click here to see them all! And please keep in mind it's my birthday so I'm allowed to act like that.
The second pressie was silver and came from S in a blue box-- THE blue box . OK, so S found there are 2 ways to this girl's heart...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And that just about wrapped up a perfect birthday weekend. Made possible only thanks to my unbelievable friends who I can't thank enough.

If my DC/Nazo crew would have been there too, it would have made things only better, but for Tokyo, it will be a weekend never to forget.

No comments: