Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Packing the schedule

Just thought I would let you all know my schedule over the next few months, as it’s changing more rapidly than I’d like.

August 9: Last day of work!

August 11 – September 3: China trip. Actually it’s a different trip than the one I posted before. I found a more affordable one for a longer time with a better itinerary, so I opted to go with G.A.P. The itinerary looks something like this:

Day 1-3 Beijing

Day 4,5 Xi'an, home to one of the greatest archeological discoveries of our time - the Terracotta Warriors.

Day 6-8 Xiahe, through the Yellow River valley up to the edge of the Tibetan plateau.


Day 9,10 Langmusi, the remote magical Tibetan monastery town.

Day 11-13 Jiuzhaigou, passing through vast grasslands and across beautiful mountain passes


Day 14,15 Chengdu, characterised by markets, traditional teahouses and spicy Sichuan cuisine

Day 16-19 Yangshuo, cycling off the beaten track amongst the backdrop of imposing limestone karsts, rising dramatically from a lush rural landscape.


Day 20,21 Hong Kong

And I will be going it alone... I figure a month trekking around China should definitely toughen me up for those hostile drunk Brits.

Sometime in late September: The big move to Cambridge.

My Cambridge schedule:

Full Michaelmas Term: Tuesday, Oct. 4th - Friday, Dec. 2nd
(Break 1: Dec 3 - Jan 17)

Full Lent Term: Tuesday, Jan. 18th - Friday, Mar. 18th
(Break 2: March 19 - April 24)

Full Easter Term: Tuesday, Apr. 25th - Friday, June 16th
(Finish research: June 17 - August 31, or whenever complete)


Count on a one-week trip to the Caribbean in December, some scattered stays back in Tokyo during the breaks, and regular short trips around Europe. I don’t intend for this year to pass without adventure. Anyway, you people need something to read about!

3 comments:

おにぎりまん said...

Study hard at Cambridge... although I don't need to tell you that. Isn't your mother PROUD! But beware of terrorists...

Anonymous said...

You are sure getting about. Have fun and be sure to blog it! ;-)
xo
K

Anonymous said...

Caribbean???