Thursday, November 04, 2004

Bad news comes in 3s...

1. After my awesome clubbing experience and hair sessions on Wednesday, I went to bed really early, like right after I wrote my last entry at 8pm, because I had slept so little the night before. So i was already asleep when P came home, and I woke up to her yelling "mother f-ing bloody hell," etc. etc. I went to see what was wrong, and our toilet had started leaking out the back. Japanese toilets have these little faucet/mini sinks on top of the tanks, and people for some reason like to decorate them. P had put little pebbles in ours-- sort of a zen garden type of thing. Anyway, earlier in the day, our cleaning lady had dropped one of the pebbles in the tank while she was cleaning, and had called to say something might be wrong. And it was, apparently. Our toilet was broken, and god I had to pee!

2. Due to #1, we were mopping up the (clean) water with towels, but we needed more. So P ran to her room to get more towels, and again, I hear, BOOM! "f-ing bloody f-ing hell." I just started laughing because she had apparently stubbed her toe on the doorframe and was swearing bloody murder again. What a sitcom, I thought. But then I looked at her pinky toe, which was jutting out to the side in some funny bent up fashion, and it wasn't so funny. 12am-- P takes off in a cab to hospitals 1 and 2 and comes home with crutches. The diagnosis? Broken toe, immobile for a week, no shoe for maybe 3 weeks. THE WORST POSSIBLE TIMING! She has 2 friends from Australia in town today for a week, and Frenchy comes tonight too! She can't travel or show them around! I feel awful for her and am trying to do as much as I can-- shopping, etc., because it's just horrible getting around Japan on crutches! But I told her, she can still eat and drink and do karaoke, so it can't be that bad, right??! And in the process, maybe it will be too crowded in our place and I will finally get to try a rabu hoteru !

3. Unrelated, but obviously, BUSH. 'Nough said.

No comments: