Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Not just "au revoir," but "sayonara" too?

Well, just to give an update on my situation with the Frenchies, I guess I haven't quite said "au revoir" to all yet... and maybe I don't want to? My relationship has changed with each of them, but maybe I'm not totally ready to just write all of them off. Frenchies 2 and 3 in particular, being that they are also still in Tokyo-- I think I can keep being friends with them, right?
God knows I will need some more friends... all of a sudden they're dropping like flies, leaving P and I to face the swarms of J-girlophiles on our own. M is next to leave, and she will be followed by others... she is my godsend at work, being one of the only truly straight-thinking, logical, non-caricature of him/herself in the office; always a voice of reason when it comes to guys and relationships; and just an awesome person to go out with-- whether it's karaoke or "gai"kon! After all, it is she who introduced me to P, my flat, etc. And off to London she goes... Actually, what's so great about London, and why does everyone want to go there?! OK, understandable, M has been here for 8 years and her time is due to go back home to the British Isles... but it just seems everyone leaves Tokyo for London... shit weather, and your boogers are black when you blow your nose! Who wants that?!

Anyway, I guess after the holidays P and I will be on a "new single girlfriend" hunt. Hopefully we will not be mistaken for a lonely lesbian pair too many times... but ah well, if that's what we have to do... !

One of the breaks of living in Tokyo... apart from Japanese friends, this is no one's true home, which means that inevitably everyone will be leaving one time or another. New friends coming (maybe?), but it seems as though more friends are always leaving. I really just want to collect all of my best friends and stick them in a Burberry carry-my-chihuahua bag and take them along with me everywhere! Is that too much to ask!? Right now this Tokyo-America-Americanish island (didn't forget you Dr. J.)-Europe spread is just getting too hard to handle!
However, as proven to me many times over, it is not truly "sayonara" anyway, but just "Osewa ni narimashita. Jya-ne, bai bai" for now, because of course one place or another we will meet again

No comments: