Thursday, October 28, 2004

Fishing season...?

Well this has been an uneventful week... a full work week of long hours, highlighted only by another "WORST" typhoon to hit Tokyo in a decade. Isn't rainy season over?!

I wish I had something more interesting to say, but all I can do is brace you for an interesting update after the weekend. Just when I thought the pool had dried up and I had to go fishing again, 2 dates have popped up.

JC's DATE UPDATE--Tomorrow night another go with Frenchy #3... we got on so well together I figured he deserves a second chance-- but if I'm not feeling it, I definitely have to make it clear somehow that I'm only interested in being friends-- any suggestions? I am so not good at this sort of thing.

The next date on Saturday night is with the British rugby player/attorney that I met at B's sayonara party (see entry on October 4). Well, I have heard from 2 reliable sources that this guy is not only a rugby player, but a PLAYA-- so I'm not sure how I feel about it. Also, he waited like 2 weeks to ask me out! But I think I will give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until date #1 when we see what this is really all about.

Funny update-- Aussie boy (aka First Kitchen date) mailed me the other night (after maybe 2? 3? weeks) saying, "why the long silence? don't you want to talk to me anymore?" I mailed back saying "Hey what's up" to be polite, but I don't think I'll be wasting my time on this one.
And finally, Frenchy will be here in just about 2 weeks!!! The suspense is ridiculous... I just keep wondering how I'll feel when I see him, and how he'll feel, and what it will be like to be face-to-face with him again, when really I need to start bracing myself for disappointment. Let's be realistic now. Of course we'll probably have a great time, and then he'll be back to London, I'll be here, and it's no fairy tale ending.

More details to come...

No comments: