Sunday, October 24, 2004

Making connections...

I guess I'll start with Friday's date with Frenchy 3. (he's climbing the ranks, folks) We were meeting for a french dinner in Akasaka, but I got off work a bit early, so stopped into my favorite watering hole (Hobgoblin Akasaka) for a beer. Of course, the bartender is a good friend of mine, which usually means he gives me a little more than a beer at very low cost (meaning free). So maybe it had to do with the fact that even before I met up with the poor guy I was already a bit red in the face. But hey wait! I'm at the station waiting for Frenchy 3, and who is this guy walking toward me? Apparently Frenchy 3 doesn't always wear glasses and even does his hair kind of cool/spiky sometimes...!? Anyway, he looked cute! Dinner was good and then after we went back to Hobgoblin for more free drinks, and Frenchy 3 was well entertained by the manager there, who is also French but doesn't like to admit it. He actually thinks that there should be no countries-- we are all earthlings, so in fact, this should just be one earthling planet of peace. It gets better- the first time I met this man, his eye was swollen like the size of a baseball because he had spent 4 months snorting vodka and absynthe. I kid you not. The look on Frenchy 3's face was priceless when he heard this! So, again, I really like this guy's personality, and he is starting to grow on me... (maybe??) or else he is when I have a few drinks in me... shit! I guess maybe we should go on a non-alcoholic date sometime. Anyway, he is definitely a real sweetie, but I'm not getting anywhere even close to associated/involved with anyone until after the Frenchy visit (in less than 2 weeks).

Which brings me to my next interesting point. So all along I have been saying how I keep meeting people connected to him. Well this one takes the cake. This weekend we just figured out that Px's friend M, who I have also become friends with, knows him as well. Her best friend is Frenchy's Japanese ex-girlfriend, who he dated right before me. So I got some great scoop, including things like, "oh wait-- you mean he didn't dump her like he said he did because she was boring and annoying!? SHE actually dumped HIM because HE was boring and annoying and selfish and acted like a child!?" Seems that Frenchy had his pride hurt a little bit more than he let on to me. I've been telling him when I meet someone he also knows, but for this one, I think I'll just wait until he gets here and sees M's picture all over our apartment. The look on his face could be worth the wait.

The rest of the weekend was spent with friends, including a good friend I studied with at Nagoya who I hadn't seen yet. I was with her during the freaking HUGE ASS earthquake, all FOUR of them in fact! Quite unnerving... they came right in a row, and in the center of it, which was in Niigata, it rated a 6! When I got home, Px was freaking out, which was quite funny to watch, though I know, P, one day your earthquake kits will save my life. Anyway, Saturday I never heard from the English dude who had asked me out for Saturday night, so he gets the write off. I did, however, see none other than First Kitchen Aussie boy handing out water Saturday at the Race for the Cure. He looked good, as always, and I managed to keep a polite and smiling face while making small talk with him. The things I do for charity...

Here's a pic from Saturday night at our place...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Px is wearing a princess tiara from the breast cancer walk. We were the "princess team" and all wore pink crowns. Very fitting. Then we have M, my oneichan and informant of Frenchy and his lying past, Satoshi my new and first Japanese guy friend who Px met through family friends in Brisbane, and finally Matt-o my best guy friend and American partner in crime. Highlights included shoecreams in various creamy flavors, Px's delish dinner (as always), 4 bottles of wine mysteriously emptying themselves, and Orgazmo, a must-see work of motion picture art by the creators of South Park.

Pretty princess pic from the walk... Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: