Monday, October 04, 2004

Frenchy #3 and more...

Friday's "date" was refreshing compared to the last.

Good points-- I must say that the Frenchies are quite good with treating a lady (at least for the first few dates) so I have no complaints. We went to dinner at a popular izakaya in Shibuya and then to a few bars afterwards and ended up staying out until around 4am. Conversation was good (and went on one-on-one for a good SEVEN HOURS or so!), despite the French accent, which was quite strong, but I guess I've grown accustomed to it by now (and like it!).

But there are drawbacks-- As we're conversing, of course it also came up that we knew the same people, for instance Frenchy #2, which I already knew, and THE Frenchy as well. He was noticeably surprised when after a while I mentioned that he was my ex. He then invited me to a Frenchy party Saturday night, but I couldn't attend because of B's sayonara party, which was probably a good thing. I didn't really want to be seen among all of Frenchy's friends "with" Frenchy #3. So, the "connections" don't make for a good situation either. In fact, I think dating other Frenchies just makes me miss the real Frenchy even more. I am beginning to wonder if I will just compare every guy I date to Frenchy until I get over him (there was only one who I didn't, and that of course was Mr. Sweden, which was impossible as well...). And in that case, am I just wasting my time going out with anyone else?

Maybe after my next date I will see, hehe. Saturday night at B's farewell party I met a British rugby player turned attorney at a big investment bank. Very cute, 30, and interested. He asked me out and I gave him my card, so now the waiting game begins. God this is a never-ending cycle.

B is leaving tomorrow morning, and though I've only known him a short time, I am genuinely really going to miss him. He is seriously one of the most amazing guys I have ever met-- gorgeous, brilliant, incredible personality-- he needs to be cloned for every single deserving woman out there.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He is staying at our place tonight and Px is cooking a "last supper" in Japan for him.
Hmm, all sad faces though honestly, that is not how I generally feel! Maybe it's the cold rainy Monday weather getting to me....

No comments: