Friday, May 20, 2005

Love & Marriage: Part 2

Funny how these entries about love & marriage never involve me! hehe

A HUGE congratulations and lots of hugs & kisses to T. & Oli-chan, who have just gotten engaged. But not only engaged-- at least on paper, they will be married next week-- which also makes them my first ever friends to get married! Are we really at that age now?! Two of my very good friends are getting married, and I can say, "I knew both of them way back then... before they were ever even together!" I met, or at least knew of, both of them when we all studied together at Nanzan Daigaku.

We joked that soon we will have to call Oli-chan "Mrs. Kennedy," which is even more Irish-sounding than I am (as if that's possible!). And O. was saying that in Korea, when the women get married, it's like they are erased from existence! They are removed from the records, because their family name changes, and then they are just swallowed by the Kim or Lee or Park or whatever family they marry into-- but not really as a person on record. Even on their tombstone, it will just have their husbands' names. So O. is a bit ruffled by the fact that she will "become" a Kennedy and will miss her name. I just hope my husband has a name towards the beginning of the alphabet. I always liked being a "C" and getting to go to lunch first and that sort of thing in elementary school... but maybe by then there will be more politically correct ways of "student selection" in place.

Life for me is moving quickly-- many changes in the pipeline-- not ready to go into detail yet, but soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

joss! how are you doing? Is there any problem in the morning?
augh..it was really hard to take a subway. i ended up taking JR line.(i intended to take Ginja Line)
lots of people pissed me off!!
well...
yeah..My name will be Kennedy..on Thu as long as Tom has the time to go to USA embassy...
im pretty excited of that,but...im still SABISII....T.T