Monday, May 02, 2005

Return of the Jedi, er, Jo-Lo...

Lonely days are gone-- I'm acomin' home. I'm leavin' on a jet plane...
OK, enough old song lines.

The dates are set, and the plans are in the works! June 1st Jo-Lo comes to Nazo, via Newark, where my dear friend K is picking me up. I visit with Mom, do a little shopping, and then off to DC on Saturday the 4th... and I won't be alone! S is flying into D.C. from Paris on the 4th, and he will be peering into my not-so-mature and developed past and meeting the GW gang. I have already been promised a Phi Psi party in my honor, complete with beer pong and poker. Needless to say, I'm frightened! But it will be nice to show him the city that won my heart for four years, and the people that made my university years unforgettable if not unregrettable ;-)

On the 6th or 7th, we'll leave for NYC, where both S and I have some friends. Mom has expressed interest in coming to meet us for a day, which I haven't yet mentioned to S (he is in Hong Kong at the moment). I can already picture his eyes darting for the door as he frantically ties up his running shoes. Hehe, if I were him, I'd run too!

And those are the current plans. I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised that S decided to do this trip after all... his flight back from NY is hell-- 18 hours with a stop back in Paris before rerouting to Tokyo. Clearly he's a keeper!

And to top it all off, I will be back just in time to meet Mash at Narita airport-- our flights arrive almost the same time for her week-long stay in Tokyo. Then it's some more girly craziness just a few oceans away!

The crowds are already lining up! I've got McK from N Carolina driving up to DC to see me-- if she can do it, you can too!! Mark your calendars for this once-in-a-lifetime (or at least once-in-a-year) opportunity!! Thank you in advance.

No comments: