Thursday, May 26, 2005

Taking leave

Currently in the process of trying to dig myself out of this funk of exhaustion and monotony that I find myself in. Lately they seem to go hand in hand-- exhaustion from going out on week nights to make up for the monotony of the long days sitting idly at my desk... I say idly with the exception of last night, when I was here until after 10pm on the night I had planned a farewell party for Becca. It's always good when the party planner is the last to show up.

The leaving theme continues. Tonight is another farewell for Keruko, a friend I met through Px. After 8 years in Japan, she's finally off to explore the Western world-- beginning with the good ol' US of A. Then for a temporary leave-- S goes to France tomorrow for a week with his family before meeting me on my home turf. Already on Wednesday, it's my turn! I leave for my whirlwind visit to all of the friends and family I haven't seen in what feels like ages! There is just not enough time! Tentative itinerary includes:

June 1-4: Arrival, long deep sleeps interrupted by bouts of the jet lag sit-ups-- you know, when in the middle of the night you sit up in bed and realize that you're totally awake (and hungry!), catching up with my best friend K, long chats with the Mom about my future (which she will try to convince me to live in Nazareth, PA), shopping shopping shopping with the Sis, and all of this complemented by intake of greasy Philly cheesesteaks, homemade pierogies and God willing some type of red meat every night.

June 4-5: Catch up to the latest tunes on the radio while driving to DC, pick up S at the airport, crazy crazy night of drunken debauchery with my DC girls who I've been missing IMMENSELY, and my oh-so-beloved male friends who make me laugh just thinking about them, some sightseeing, a dinner on the Georgetown waterfront, a walk along the Tidal Basin, a look at the city from Lincoln's lap. Ahhhh-- seems so good!

June 6: A stop in Nazo on the way to NYC. An unnamed wanker from Ohio has told S and GG that "Pennsylvania is the butthole of the country, and Nazareth is the butthole of Pennsylvania." Can you believe that!!? OK it's not Manhattan, but Nazareth is a charming town! Just for that, I am making S see it for himself.

June 6-10: NYC here we come! Spending some QT with friends of mine and S, strolling Central Park, shopping shopping some more, seeing a show, and stuffing myself with NY bagels, NY pizza, and other fattening Italian dishes that are just that much better in New York. Seems I will be fat on this trip... Did I mention exercise anywhere?

Only 3 more workdays to go.....

1 comment:

おにぎりまん said...

Don't kill yourself from overwork. It's okay to blow off steam after work...