Thursday, January 27, 2005

Lesson learned last night...

Why settle for Jagermeister when you can have Veuve Cliquot?

My alcoholic analogy for the reaction to my date last night. I know I know, you're thinking, "Date?! Didn't you just post something last week about being head over heels for a Frenchy?" (who, by the way, I am calling S from now on, because I don't want to associate him with "Frenchy" anymore-- he's too good for that)" I am just a playa, what can I say?! No, really, though, I thought this would be a good idea, just to make sure I really am ready to commit to something if it comes to that. I said I was going to be really careful about taking my time with this one, and rather than rushing into things and then later panicking and yelling, "Wait! I want to see other people!" as I courteously release myself from the grips of the J keisatsu, I decided to do my homework first. This may seem childish, but I'd rather do it this way than hurt him later. And since technically it is OK for me to date other people at the moment, I took advantage of it.

Anyway, this one was a German, hence the reference to Jager. He was a very nice German, in fact, in addition to being the chief financial officer of Hugo Boss in Japan. He came very nicely packaged in a complete pin-striped Hugo Boss suit with the scent of his yummy cologne constantly wafting my way. If there was to be a "competitor" to the Frenchman, he was a formidable one. Like I said, he was very nice... and also very BORING. I found myself chattering away and forcing myself to keep the conversation rolling... Frankly it reminded me of sorority recruitment when I was matched with a rushee with whom 3 minutes of conversation felt like a very, VERY long hour at the dentist.

But no worries here-- isn't that what I wanted anyway? It confirmed my intuition. I don't want to see other people!

It's the truth: One sip of Veuve and you'll never go back!

No comments: