Friday, September 24, 2004

Aussie in the outhouse...

I wasn't going to bash my date on here, but now that I think about it, it is just too funny to hold back. Reasons why, over the past couple of days, I have decided that this guy gets a big fat BATSU (X).

1. He showed up 25 minutes late.

2. He showed up 25 minutes late because he forgot his books at home, that's right, his books. He is taking MBA classes and forgot to do an assignment due the day before. So, I spent an hour and a half at an internet cafe helping him with his econ assignment. Being that I'm a nerd, I actually didn't mind this! But when I got home and told P, she pointed out to me, "MATE! It's your first date. He should have called you and said, "sorry, I forgot to do this assignment. Can we meet a little later instead?" I can't help but agree.

3. He took me to dinner at First Kitchen. For those of you who don't know, First Kitchen is a fast food/burger place, but let's be honest, Mickey D's is a hell of a lot classier. I didn't mind-- I'm laid back, we didn't need to go to a nice place. But again the voice of reason, "MATE! There are sooo many cheap places to go in Tokyo. Why fast food?! Even ramen is better." Good point, P.

4. He is a fake priest. Maybe this is not so sketchy in Japan, but I find this totally and utterly DODGY! Maybe it's because I was raised a good Catholic girl? Because my great uncle is a priest and is the kindest, holiest, sweetest old man that has ever walked this earth? Maybe not any of these reasons! Maybe it's just that he's taking advantage of a Western convention adopted and adapted by Japan, and assuming that Japanese are stupid by performing this very "gainjin-esque" ritual for them, when for them, this is their WEDDING!! A day that is special and memorable, and that he is basically making a joke out of to make a few bucks on the side.

5. He bragged about money. Considering he took me to First Kitchen, this should not be permitted! Not only was I not impressed by how much money he does or doesn't have, but I find that nice people who do have money don't usually brag about it anyway. So why act like you have it when you don't? Or worse, if you do have it, why take me to First Kitchen?!!
And those are the top 5 reasons he gets a X. I have considered the fact that he is extremely tall, well-built and good looking, with a very cute accent as well. I also considered that we did have good conversations, and I felt very comfortable with him-- in fact by the way we were acting, you'd think we'd been dating a long time-- but then again, maybe this is more my personality coming out than his? I usually feel comfortable with people easily and went through enough sorority recruitments to know how to carry a decent conversation.

Rankings anyone? What do you think of this guy on a scale from 1-10?
Stay tuned for next week's Date with Another Frenchy... dun dun dun.......

No comments: