Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Black Beauty... ?

This is me seducing the camera. No, really, I just wanted to see if you notice anything different about me....

HINT: I just finished a FIVE hour session at the hair salon! There is something very wrong when you arrive for your 12:30pm appointment and leave when it's almost dark outside! God, what a process! But it is the last (for a while) of my Japanese beauty experiences and thus had to go out with a bang.

I blogged once upon a time about the Japanese hair salon experience, though since then, I think prices have gone up and my patience has gone down. But anyway, since I am unemployed at the moment, I didn't really mind the day-long washing, drying, doting, sipping tea, reading ELLE, getting "massaji-ed," and making small talk, especially since I was pretty much satisfied with the outcome... (have you noticed anything different yet?)

In addition to the straight perm, an annual must for my wild mane, I went black! Really black. Blacker than I intended (though maybe you can't tell in the photo). Perhaps it was premature-- I feel a bit wintery now... but I've been thinking about doing it for a while, so why not now when my life is taking a new course? Anyway, what do you think?

No comments: